Monday, May 12, 2014

Backgrounds

As my shots for my animation were to be rendered out as an alpha, I needed to create some backgrounds and sky in order to fill this in. I didn't want the backgrounds to be too realistic, it needed to be stylistically consistent with my animation, so I decided to digitally paint them. Below you can see what I produced. When it came to creating the mountains, I had some real issue with this as digital painting is not my forte. To save time and to get a really good result, Lija agreed to help me out. She's done a great job with this in such a short amount of time. The last image shows both images put together with my animation. I gave Lija some reference images when painting the mountains and the overall colour scheme I was looking for however in order for it to fit properly into the scene I needed to adjust the colours and layer filter once I was in After Effects.





No comments:

Post a Comment